Kelowna’s inaugural Beer Week kicks off this weekend
The first ever Kelowna Beer Week kicks off this weekend in the Central Okanagan, and beer lovers are amped.
COBRA, better known as the Central Okanagan Brewers Association, created the inaugural event to highlight local suds made right here in the BC Interior.
Starting on Oct. 1, coincidentally also the beginning of BC Craft Beer Month, events will take place in each of Kelowna’s brewing neighborhoods: Downtown, Uptown, the North End, South Kelowna, Clement, and West Kelowna.
Participants will not only have access to some of the province’s best beer, but they’ll also have the opportunity to collect stamps on a special passport, which in turn can enter them to win prizes furnished by the breweries.
Twenty-one breweries making up COBRA, will also be taking part in the grand finale of festivities at BNA Brewing, pouring their ales all day on Oct. 8th.
“We’re really looking forward to gathering all of the breweries under one roof and welcoming beer fans in to enjoy what these producers have to share,” says Jill Jarrett of BNA Brewing.
“There is some serious brewing talent in our midst that’s putting Kelowna – and the greater Central Okanagan – on the map in the craft beer world.”
Those looking to take in the grand finale of Beer Week can purchase a ticket online, which includes two drink tokens, music by local DJ Ghostcurb and access to discounted bowling and bocce at BNA.
Here’s a rundown of where the festivities will take place throughout Kelowna Beer Week, with more information available on the COBRA website:
- october 1: Rustic Reel Brewing (North End)
- october 2: Railside Brewing, The Office Brewing, Unleashed Brewing, Welton Arms (Clement)
- october 2: Red Bird (North End)
- october 3: Jackknife Brewing (North End) *closed to the public*
- october 4: Freddy’s Brewpub, Kelowna Brewing Co., Wild Ambition Brewing (Uptown)
- october 5: Barn Owl Brewing, Copper Brewing, Shore Line Brewing (South Kelowna)
- october 6: The Hatching Post, Kind Brewing, Lakesider Brewing (West Kelowna)
- october 7: BNA Brewing, Jackknife Brewing, Kettle River Brewing, Kelowna Beer Institute, Red Bird Brewing, Rustic Reel Brewing, Vice & Virtue Brewing (Downtown/North End)
- october 8: BNA Brewing (Downtown)
Support local journalism by clicking here to make a one-time contribution or by subscribing for a small monthly fee. We appreciate your consideration and any contribution you can provide.